緊急公告:因突發資料庫異常事件,故4/8~4/26資料損毀,如會員於上述區間曾於討論區發文回應,煩請重新發布,造成您的困擾敬請見諒

Ivy 寫的英文小說 - "Light and Dark"

Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-19 21:32:20 #11F

父母確實是孩子學習定性前最好的老師, 基礎穩固後, 樓高也不怕. 關於文法我是有不同的意見. 我是認為不要把寫文章的文法套在寫小說上, 如果 Ivy 用這樣的文法概念去寫小說, 才是我要擔心的地方. 她寫小說的語態還不錯, 大多數的小說像說故事似的用過去式, 當然人物的對話就大都是是現在式. 她最大的缺點是標點符號的運用還要加強, 用了太多逗點了. 不過她現在寫的小說比她數月前寫的進步很多, 有點超出我的預期. 我一點也不擔心文法問題. 接下來一個星期, 我必須接待國外來的技師, 回到家都晚了, 所以更新會稍微遲一些. (原作者於 2013-06-19 21:34:01 重新編輯過)
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-20 21:23:42 #12F

Chapter 4 Cassandra stared at her cabin mates, she wasn't in the mood to joke around. Even if she had the mood, she would still stay out. She didn't like to be in large groups, being the shy and quiet one. Winter wasn't her favorite season, it was too cold. Even though she was wearing a black snow jacket, dark blue turtleneck, slim blue jeans, and snow boots, she still felt cold. A young girl with short red hair and blue eyes walked up to her, wringing her hands nervously. "Hi, I'm Michelle." "Cassandra, call me." Cassandra said, smiling politely. Michelle sat down beside Cassandra, staring at the others sadly. "Why aren't you with your friends?" Cassandra asked, curious. Michelle shook her head, looking at Cassandra with big doe-like eyes. "I don't like to be with them, I like to be alone. And if I'm with them, they tease me about my red hair. Nobody else has red hair, you see?" Cassandra looked around the cabin, indeed, nobody had red hair. "Can you show me your light tricks?" Michelle asked. Cassandra shrugged, and stared at the ceiling of the cabin. A gold chandelier hung there, swaying slightly. She concentrated hard, and all the lights went out. She heard shouts and groans of complaints. "Who did that?" "Bring the light back!" "I was reading!" Michelle and Cassandra laughed, then Cassandra lit the lights again. The campers began complaining to each other about who it was. Food was thrown around, lights went on and off. Michelle laughed quietly so nobody would hear her, not one of their cabin mates suspected Cassandra and Michelle. Cassandra was walking beside the canoe lake, when a blinding light began descending towards her. She shielded her eyes, and then.... Bam! The light slammed into the canoe lake, and water splashed everywhere, drenching Cassandra from head to toe. She spit water out of her mouth, spluttering insults. A bus was parked in the middle of the lake, sending the naiads running out of the water. The door flew open, and Percy, Thalia, Grover, and a hoard of girls and a teenage boy piled out. The last to come out was, "Apollo." Cassandra gasped, still dripping wet. Apollo lifted his Ray-Bans from his eyes, and squinted at Cassandra. "Ah, Cassandra. Sorry about that parking, Thalia caused that." Thalia spluttered insults at Apollo, which wasn't the best thing she could do. Cassandra spotted a missing figure from the crowd. "Where's Annabeth?" Grover, Percy, and Thalia exchanged glum looks, and Cassandra grew worried. "She... She fell off a cliff, with a manticore." Percy said, choking slightly. Cassandra froze. Annabeth fell off a cliff, that was impossible. "No. No that's not true!" Percy nodded sadly, looking as if he was going to cry. Cassandra felt rage boiling inside her, and she yelled in frustration. The sky darkened, the sun stopped shining, the whole world fell into darkness. Cries of fright and astonishment filled the air, and Apollo put a hand on her shoulder. "Now Cassandra, deep breath, it's okay." Cassandra shook Apollo's hand off her shoulder, which was the most dangerous thing in the world, since he was a god. He could blast Cassandra into a million tiny pieces if he got angry, and Cassandra stood no chance against him. "Hey! Why is it all dark! Is it the end of the world!" A boy pushed through the crowd, he had dark tousled hair, black eyes, and pale skin. Cassandra took a deep breath, and the sun started shining again. All the campers breathed a sigh of relief, and Cassandra took a good look at the boy. He looked 11, was taller than her by 3 inches, and he was shuffling a deck of cards in his hands. "Um.... I caused that." Cassandra answered, scratching the back of her neck nervously. The boy looked awed, shoving the deck of cards in his jacket pocket. "Are you the daughter of Apollo, since he's the god of sun and all. Even though he's not the leader of the gods, his powers are still cool! In Mythomagic, he has 7000 attack power! Oh, I'm Nico Di Angelo by the way!" Apollo looked amused by this, but Cassandra didn't have a clue what Mythomagic was. A girl stepped forward, she looked twelve or thirteen. She had auburn hair gathered back in a ponytail and silvery yellow eyes like the moon. "What is this new devilry? What has caused the sun to go out? Is it you, Lord Apollo?" Apollo held up his hands in surrender, the girl's eyes did look quite terrifying. "Not me Zoe, it's my daughter over here. Powerful demigod, isn't she?" Zoe turned to Cassandra, her silver eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Thee? Tis Thee who put out the sun?" Cassandra nodded, liking this girl less and less. Who were the group of girls anyway? They weren't campers surely. As it was, she held out her hand. "Cassandra Black." Zoe shook her hand firmly, still eyeing her carefully. As if she would cocoon Zoe with a layer of light. "Zoe Nightshade. First hand lieutenant of Artemis and her Hunters." So the group of girls were hunters, the hunters of Artemis. Cassandra had read about them, but had never met them before. Zoe turned to Percy, "Tell Chiron me and my hunters will be at Cabin Eight." Then she walked off, her pack of Hunters following her like cubs following their mother. It was clear that she didn't like boys, due to the harsh tone and glare she was giving Percy. Cassandra remembered that the Hunters of Artemis had to swear off boys when they joined, which meant no dating ever. Cassandra thought that was the stupidest rule ever, but the Hunters didn't seem to think that. Grover raced over to Zoe, and smiled widely. "I'll show you the way!" Zoe was about to protest, but was cut off by Grover. "No, it's okay. It's easy to get lost here. Come on!" Zoe sighed, knowing that Grover wasn't going to change his mind. "Very well." As the hunters walked passed, Cassandra saw a girl with pale olive skin, silky black hair, and black eyes lean over to Nico. She saw her whispering into Nico's ear, and Nico turned away. Percy leaned toward Cassandra, seeing her confused face. "That's Bianca Di Angelo, Nico's sister. She joined the hunters, and Nico's not pleased with that." Cassandra nodded, she knew what it felt like if your older sister abandoned you to join an all-girls club. Percy, Thalia, Nico, and Cassandra walked to the Big House, snow was gathered on the roof. So it looked like an oversized white gingerbread house with sugar frosting on the top. Inside, warm flames crackled in the fireplace, while Chiron and Dionysus had hot chocolate and played cards. They turned toward the group of half-bloods, and Chiron smiled. "Ah! Percy, Thalia, Cassandra, you're here! And this young fella is?" "Nico Di Angelo, he and his sister Bianca are demigods. Bianca joined the Hunters." Cassandra answered quickly, watching Nico's expression carefully. When he heard Bianca's name, his face went sour, and he looked at his shoes. Chiron sighed. "It must be a hard thing, losing your sister to the Hunters. But I must ask something, where is Annabeth?" Silence filled the room, and Thalia, Percy, and Cassandra looked at each other. Dionysus sighed, throwing down another card. "Oh dear, not another one gone." Thalia frowned, what was Dionysus talking about. "What do you mean? Is somebody else gone too?" At the same time, the door flew open. Grover walked in, grinning like a maniac, and a red slap mark on his cheek. "The Hunters have all moved in!" Chiron raised his eyebrows at Grover's face, but didn't ask anything. "The Hunters eh? I see we have some things to discuss. Grover, will you please show Nico our orientation film?" Grover nodded, and grabbed Nico's arm. "Orientation film? Is it G? Or PG? 'Cause Bianca's strict about -" "It's PG13." Grover replied hastily, dragging Nico out of the Big House. Cassandra raised her hand, and Chiron nodded at her. "Can I go with Grover and Nico?" Chiron raised his eyebrows, but didn't ask anything. "You may." Cassandra sprinted towards Nico and Grover, who was walking to the camps indoor theater. "Hey! Wait up!" They turned, and watched Cassandra skid to halt next to them, panting. "Did Chiron send you here?" Grover asked, letting go of Nico's arm. Cassandra shook her head. "No, I volunteered. I'll take Nico, shall I? You get some rest Grover." Grover was about to protest, but shut up when Cassandra gave him a defiant look. "Fine. Have fun, Nico." He jogged off, making his way to the strawberry fields. Cassandra smiled at Nico. "Let's go on, shall we?"
天天都是好天
Amy 2013-06-20 22:43:10 #13F

Ivy 真的很棒! Ivy爸分享的方法也給了我們很多啟發,以前把小孩送到兒美班去念,砸了大錢,但是隨便丟給她一本短短的英文故事,都會逃之夭夭,完全是被動的在接受兒美班的填鴨訓練,談不上對英文有何熱情,抓回家自學後,買了一台Kindle, 搭配MP3 player,選她最愛的Roald Dahl,慢慢的她對自己的閱讀越來越有信心,念完 charlie and the chocolate factory 之後,又要挑戰 maltida , 主動和被動學習英文效果是真的差很多.
adsnew
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-23 17:20:06 #14F

不要錯過了 Roald Dahl 的短篇小說, 例如 Fantastic Mr Fox, George's Marvellous Medicine, The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me, 故事內容更能吸引小朋友的目光. 除了以上的短篇外, Road Dahl 作品裏, Ivy 最愛的是 Matilda, The Witches, 和 The BFG. Roald Dahl 的小說大多數都有改編成電影和電視影集, 讀完小說再看, 更增添學習動力. Roald Dahl 有聲書的說書人都是一時之選, Ivy 也是因為這些英國籍說書人的關係, 喜歡英音勝於美音. 另外給 Amy 推薦 Beverly Cleary 寫的小說, 特別是 Ramona Quimby 的系列小說, 有: Beezus and Ramona Ramona the Pest Ramona the Brave Ramona and Her Father Ramona and Her Mother Ramona Quimby, Age 8 Ramona Forever Ramona's World 以前都是 Ivy 一讀再讀的好小說, 改編的電影 Ramona and Beezus 也很推薦, 很適合小學女生看.
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-23 20:55:53 #15F

Chapter 5 "We can skip the film if you want." Cassandra suggested, walking to a halt and looking at Nico. He shrugged, looking indifferent. "Sure, I'm not in the mood anyway. Can you show me around the camp?" Cassandra nodded, and they walked to the cabins. Nico began pulling out golden figurines from his pocket, turning them around and around. "What's that?" Cassandra asked, curiously. She had never seen the figurines before. Nico looked at Cassandra, holding out one of the figurines. She took it in her hand, it was a figurine of Poseidon. "That's my Mythomagic figurines. Can you play Mythomagic?" Cassandra shook her head, she didn't even know what figurines had to do in Mythomagic. "I can teach you if you like?" Nico suggested helpfully. Cassandra smiled, and handed Nico the figurine. "Someday." "So how old are you?" Nico asked. "10." They had passed the cabins, the woods, and was now walking beside the canoe lake. "Wow! You'll only 10? I thought you'd be older, you looked older." Nico said. Cassandra laughed, she did look older, about 12 or 13. "Well how old are you?" "11." Cassandra stared at Nico, he definitely didn't look 11. He looked like 10, considering his childish behavior. "You don't look 11. You look younger." Nico stuck his tongue out at her, and waggled his eyebrows. Cassandra burst out laughing. "Is that supposed to be an insult?" Nico asked, pretending to be cross. Cassandra shook her head, still trying to muffle her laughter. "N-No." "But you're laughing." Cassandra shook her head, trying to stop the giggles. "I'm not." "You are!" Nico jumped onto her, and started to tickle her. Cassandra started laughing uncontrollably. "Nico! S-Stop!" "Say the magic word." Cassandra swatted Nico's hands away, trying to stop laughing. "P-Please!" Nico got of her, pulling her from the ground in the process. "What cabin will I be in?" Nico asked, dangling his feet off the edge of the hill. They were sitting at the edge of the highest hill in camp, right over the strawberry fields. Cassandra watched Grover play his lyre, making strawberries grow out of the ground. "Since you haven't been claimed yet, you'll have to be in Hermes. But when you're claimed? I don't know which cabin you'll be in." Nico sighed, staring at Cabin Eight, where the Hunters were hanging around. Cassandra looked at his sad face. "You miss your sister don't you?" Nico nodded glumly, sighing again. "She was the only family I had, and she joined the Hunters. She left me alone, just to join a girls club. And now I have no one. No friends, no family, no siblings." Cassandra shook her head, he was wrong about one thing. "You're not alone, you have me." Nico frowned at her, he wasn't expecting that. "I have you?" Cassandra nodded, dangling her feet of the edge like Nico. "Yes, I'm your friend." Nico blushed, and looked at his feet. "Nobody has wanted to be friends with me so quickly." Cassandra sighed, and put a hand on Nico's shoulder. "You're a powerful demigod, I know you are. You're not a bad guy, Nico." Nico smiled, and gave Cassandra a hug. "Thanks, Cassandra." "Cass, call me Cass." Nico smiled, and pulled away. "Thanks Cass." Cassandra led Nico to the Hermes cabin, where he was staying. Connor and Travis came out to greet them. "Cass!" "You're here!" Cassandra gave them a bear hug each, and pushed Nico forward. "This is Nico, he'll be staying here until he's claimed. Find him a bunk will ya?" Travis nodded, and yelled on top of his lungs. "TINA! NEW CAMPER!" Tina came running out, her strawberry-blonde hair half-curled. "Cass! You're here! And this is?" "Nico Di Angelo. Undetermined." Cassandra answered before Nico could speak. Tina sighed, and grabbed Nico's arm. "Well, we're out of bunks. So he'll have to make do on the floor." Tina led Nico into the Hermes cabin; Connor, Travis, and Cassandra trailing behind them. Cassandra greeted some old friends, and kept on walking. Tina directed Nico to an empty corner, and used a chalk to draw a rectangle there. "Now, this is your part." Cassandra looked around the cabin, it had grown more crowded since she last slept here. The bunks were full, and the floor was crowded too. She felt bad for Nico, since he had to sleep on the cold hard floor. A sleeping bag flew over Cassandra's head, and landed in Nico's lap with such force, it made him fall down on his butt. Connor and Travis laughed, but stopped when Cassandra and Tina glared at them. "Be nice, he's just a kid after all. And no pranking him." Cassandra muttered to the twins, and they groaned. Pranking was basically their whole life, banning them from doing it? That was the worst nightmare they could imagine. But Cassandra didn't want Nico to have his hair dyed pink. Speaking of pink... Cassandra stared at Tina's hair, strands of pink hair was visible here and there, and some glitter was visible too. Cassandra raised her eyebrow at the twins, and they grinned, giving her a nod. The prank on Tina had worked. The conch horn blared, and Cassandra looked up. "It's time for lunch, gotta go, guys! I'll see you in Capture the Flag!" And she raced off, back to her cabin. Her half brothers and sisters were filing out of the cabin, lining up carefully. Will stood in front, directing people to their places. Cassandra slipped in place behind Michelle, and they marched into the mess hall. After lunch, Chiron began the announcement. "Welcome Hunters, we meet again. It was a long time since your last visit. Now, as you all know, Capture the Flag is this afternoon. It will be campers VS Hunters. Now, it is time for the sing along!" Everybody groaned, and they filed into the amphitheater. Will nudged Cassandra. "You do know Apollo cabin leads the sing along, right?" Cassandra nodded of course she knew that. She also knew that each Apollo camper would take turns leading the sing along. "And do you know who is going to lead the sing along this time?" Cassandra shook her head, she didn't care, and she didn't know why this was such a big deal. "It's you." Will said, grinning wickedly. Cassandra nodded, but then she stood straight. "Wait, what?" "It's your turn to lead the sing along." Will repeated. Cassandra began spluttering, she hadn't tried singing before. She only knew a few songs, and they weren't really good. "But... I haven't ever sung in my life!" Will grinned, and pushed her to the center. "It's time for you to find out." When all the campers were seated, Cassandra sat herself down on the seat in the center of the amphitheater. She raised her mike, and took a deep breath. She could feel everyone's eyes on her. She began to sing. "Remember when we Never needed each other The best of friends Like sister and brother We understood We'd never be alone Those days are gone Now I want you so much The night is long And I need your touch Don't know what to say Never meant to feel this way Don't want to be Alone tonight The campers began to sing along too, they all knew this song. [Chorus] What can I do to make you mine? Falling so hard, so fast, this time What did I say? What did you do? How did I fall in love with you? I hear your voice And I start to tremble Brings back the child that I resemble I cannot pretend That we can still be friends Don't want to be Alone tonight [Chorus] I want to say this right And it has to be tonight Just need you to know I don't want to live this life I don't want to say goodbye With you I want to spend The rest of my life [Chorus] What can I do to make you mine? Falling so hard, so fast, this time Everything's changed We never knew How did I fall in love with you" When Cassandra finished, all the campers stood up and cheered so loudly, the sound was deafening. Even the Hunters joined in, though Zoe was a little reluctant. All the campers shouted as one, Nico the loudest of all. "Encore! Encore! Encore!" Cassandra shook her head, indicating she could sing no more. Everybody groaned, and filed out slowly. Cassandra sprinted to Apollo's cabin to get ready for Capture the Flag, they were going to win this game.
天天都是好天
Amy 2013-06-23 21:50:27 #16F

謝謝 Ivy 爸的推薦 , 列入書單了 :) charlie and the chocolate factory 的電影我們大概看了五次以上才看小說,電影和文字和有聲書各有不同的樂趣。, 這些說書者的功力真的很高,聽了多次都還是津津有味!!
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-24 21:51:29 #17F

Ivy 說 Light and Dark, Part 1 會有十個章節, 是一個段落, 接下來還會寫 Part 2. 真不曉得她小小的腦袋瓜可以編這麼長的英文故事.
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-24 22:00:55 #18F

Chapter 6 Cassandra dumped her weapons and armor onto her bed. She pulled on her bronze armor, and adjusted her breast plate. Then she looked at her weapons, different kinds and shapes of bronze weapons lay here and there. Cassandra selected a new pair of bronze sai, and slipped them into the back straps of her armor. A wooden bow painted gold with mini sun designs, and a quiver full of red arrows was slung over her back. A bundle of sharp bronze knives which she slipped into her boots where she could easily reach. A bronze sword with gems engraved in the handle, which she slipped into her belt. Lastly, her heavy bronze shield which she strapped onto her arm. Cassandra was all set, and ready to kick some Hunters’ butt. The campers and Hunters all gathered at the edge of the woods, where Chiron was standing. All the Hunters had bows and quivers slung over their back, and two long hunting knives in their belt. Cassandra scoffed silently, those was the only weapons they could manage? Lame. Chiron repeated the rules from Cassandra's first Capture the Flag, and set them loose. The campers ran to the south woods, Thalia carrying the flag. While the Hunters ran to the north woods, Zoe holding the flag. Thalia set the flag beside Zeus's Fist, and turned to face the others. Percy was standing beside her, looking grim. How the two of them could be co-captains without the other campers voting on it, Cassandra had no idea. But she wasn't going to complain, she didn't like to lead anyway. If she did, she'd be a total flunk. On campers’ team, they had Beckendorf, Jake, and Nyssa from Hephaestus cabin; a few Ares campers which Cassandra didn't bother to know their names; Connor, Travis, Tina, and Nico from Hermes cabin; Silena, Drew, Lacy, and Mitchell from Aphrodite cabin; Cassandra , Laurel, Michelle, Will, Michael, and Lee from Apollo cabin; Percy from Poseidon cabin; and Thalia from Zeus cabin. "Ok Percy, you take defence, I'll take offence." Thalia ordered. Percy nodded, but didn't seem to pleased. "Don't you think, with your shield and all, you'll be better in defence?" Thalia looked down at Aegis, it was a huge bronze shield with a bronze head of Medusa engraved in the middle. Everyone except Percy and Cassandra was trying not to cower before the shield, it was quite frightening, as if it was going to turn them to stone at any moment. "Well, I thought it'll be better in offence. Besides, you've got more practice on defence." Percy didn't look very happy with that remark, but he didn't argue. "Yeah, no problem." Thalia nodded, and turned to the group. "Ok, we'll send a decoy to the left side of the woods. Silena, you lead that." Silena smiled, she had been quite eager to beat the Hunters, since they said “love was worthless.” "Ok! Anything else?" Thalia nodded, and turned to Laurel and Will. "Take those two, they run fast." Laurel and Will started arguing who was faster, but shut up when Thalia glared at them. "Make a wide arc around the Hunters, attract as many as you can. I'll take the main group to the right and catch them by surprise." Thalia ordered, that was quite a good plan. Cassandra hoped she would be in the main group. She really had to punch some Hunters. "Anything to add Percy?" Thalia asked, rounding on him. "Um yeah. Nico, Beckendorf, Cassandra, you three guard the flag. You others, keep sharp on defence, we've got three guards, ten scouts. I'll be patrolling the forest, call if you need help." Thalia nodded in approval, Percy sounded quite persuasive. "And don't leave you post! No matter what!" "Unless you see a golden opportunity." Percy added. Thalia scowled at Percy, she didn't like that idea. "Just don't leave your post." "Yes, but..." Thalia growled in frustration and punched Percy's arm, a sizzling sound echoed through the woods, and Percy jerked his arm away. Thalia had shocked him with lightning, which really hurt. "Sorry. Now is everything clear?" But it was clear she wasn't sorry at all, Percy glared at her. Everybody nodded, and broke into small groups just as the horn sounding, the game had begun. Silena, Will, and Laurel sprinted to the left woods, while Thalia, Jake, Nyssa, Michael, Lee, and Mitchell ran to the right. Percy, Drew, Lacy, Connor, Travis, Tina and the four Ares campers scouted nearby. Cassandra climbed onto Zeus's Fist, and stared down at the woods. Silena and her group was running deep into the left woods, five Hunters on their tail. But a group of Hunters was running to the right woods, they had spotted Thalia. Cassandra looked at Percy, he and she was thinking the same thing. All the Hunters were divided, five were following Silena, the others were heading towards Thalia. A few Hunters must be guarding the flag, and that meant the middle of the forest was clear. "Go." Cassandra ordered. Percy nodded, Nico and Beckendorf cheered as Percy raced towards the flag. Cassandra inhaled deeply, go Percy. She watched Percy race towards the flag, Riptide in his hands. Suddenly, a figure barreled towards them, knocking down Nico and Beckendorf, it was Zoe Nightshade. She sprinted to the flag, but Cassandra jumped down from Zeus's Fist, and knocked her down. Zoe jumped up quickly, eyeing Cassandra. Zoe had her hunting knives out, and Cassandra slid her two sai from her back. "What is a mere camper going to do to stop me?" Zoe asked, circling Cassandra. Cassandra smiled sweetly, and twirled her sai. "You guess." Zoe swung her hunting knives, and Cassandra parried. Zoe slashed, jabbed, and stabbed, Cassandra blocked them with difficulty. Zoe had amazing speed and agility, it was a while before Zoe could defeat her. Cassandra summoned a wall of light, and threw it at Zoe. She went flying into a tree from the impact, but she got up quickly. Cassandra looked behind Zoe, Percy was sprinting towards the creek, the Hunters flag in his hands. Zoe seemed to know what Cassandra was thinking, and she barreled towards her. Cassandra didn't have time to react, when Zoe knocked her down, and grabbed the flag. When Cassandra had got up, Zoe was already sprinted towards her side of the creek. She was as fast as a cheetah, dodging campers and swords. "No!" Cassandra grunting, and ran towards Zoe. Not being able to reach her, she threw her knife. It zipped under Zoe's feet, tripping her. Reacting fast, Cassandra threw another knife. It pierced Zoe's shirt, holding her to the ground, for only 5 seconds. Zoe ripped the knife from her sleeve, and jumped up. But it was too late. Percy ran over to their side of the creek, and the campers exploded into cheers. The Hunters roared in anger, and threw down their bows as one. Chiron appeared out of the woods, looking amazed. "The campers win! For the first time in fifty-five games." Cassandra gasped, they had lost to the Hunters fifty-five times?! Percy ran towards her, flag in hand, smiling widely. The flag's color and pattern had turned to a light sea-blue color with a trident on it, the symbol of Poseidon. "Cass! We won! We won!" Cassandra smiled and hugged Percy tightly, her mind doing a victory dance. "Yeah! We did it!" "We won, thanks to you. If you hadn't held Zoe off, we would have been beaten again, for the fifty-six time in a row!" Cassandra shuddered, the thought of losing to the Hunters again was horrifying. "Yeah, I can't believe the campers before us are so lame!" Suddenly, green mist floated out of the woods. All the campers and Hunters turned around slowly, a figure shuffled slowly toward them. Green mist swirled around the campers and Hunters. They fumbled for their weapons, looking terrified. As the figure descended into the clearing, everybody got a clear view of what it was. Cassandra and Percy gasped, while Nico frowned. "What's that?" Nico asked, furrowing his brow. "Why is everybody so a loss for words?" Cassandra gulped, she didn't know how to say this. Chiron seemed to think the same thing, a look of astonishment was plastered on his face. "It can't be. She... It had never left the attic." "What is it?" Nico half yelled, half screamed quietly. The kid was frustrated about not knowing why this thing was such a big deal. Cassandra stared at him, inhaling deeply. "That, Nico, is The Oracle of Delphi."
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-25 21:06:51 #19F

Chapter 7 Nobody dared to move as The Oracle shuffled over to a rock and sat down. The Oracle didn't even open its mouth, but its voice was echoed inside Cassandra's head. She wasn't the only one that heard it, the other campers and Hunters clutched their head as they heard the voice inside their head. "I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python." Then the Oracle turned to look at Cassandra. At first, Cassandra thought she was going to direct the prophecy at her, but the Oracle turned towards Zoe Nightshade. "Approach seeker, and ask." Zoe gulped, and fear was clearly etched on her face. She stepped forward, and took a long, deep breath. "What must I do to help my goddess?" The Oracle opened its mouth, and more green mist poured out. Cassandra stepped backward instinctively, afraid that the green mist might wrap around her, and suffocate her. As The Oracle was about to speak, an image flashed in Cassandra's head: Artemis was kneeling in front of a huge rock, wrapped in chains. Her hands were raised, as if holding something. And she looked like she was in pain. Cassandra wasn't the only one that saw the image, fear and disbelief was etched on everybody's face. Especially the Hunters and Zoe. The Oracle's raspy voice didn't speak inside Cassandra's head this time, instead, it echoed around the woods. "Five shall go west to the goddess in chains, One shall be lost in the land without rain, The bane of Olympus shows the trail, Campers and Hunters combined prevail, The Titan's curse must one withstand, And one shall perish by a parent's hand." When The Oracle finished the prophecy, all the green mist was sucked back into its mouth. Then it went still, as if it had never moved from the rock she sat. Chiron finally broke the pregnant silence. "This... This is unbelievable! She has never left the attic before! "Well, she has now." Percy said, rolling his eyes. Chiron nodded. "Yes, and that means we'll have to take her back to the attic. Percy, can you and Grover take her upstairs?" Percy gaped at Chiron, he was REALLY going to make him and Grover take that rotten mummy to the attic? Chiron nodded at Percy, and he groaned. Percy took hold of The Oracle's head, while Grover grabbed her feet. Inch by inch, they managed to lift her off the rock, and shuffle to the Big House. Chiron smiled grimly. "Well, we shall have to discuss this later. Everybody back to your cabins, we will speak of this in the rec room in the Big House. As the campers and Hunters shuffled back to their cabins, Chiron motioned to Thalia and Cassandra. "Will you go fetch Percy and Grover? Tell them to go to the rec room, we need to discuss the prophecy." Thalia and Cassandra nodded, and Chiron galloped off. Thalia turned to Cassandra, a grim expression on her face. "Well, let's go shall we?" Cassandra didn't fancy going into the musty attic of the Big House, especially if The Oracle was in there. She really didn't want it to spew green mist again, and hear its raspy voice in her head. But they had no choice, Percy and Grover was up there. And they had to inform them about the meeting. Thalia and Cassandra climbed slowly and quietly up the attic stairs, trying not to be scared by the dark. Thalia reached up, and pulled down the trapdoor leading to the attic. Hot, musty air hit their faces, and floated down the stairs. Percy and Grover was standing beside The Oracle, their faces looked sick. "Percy? Grover? Are you okay?" Cassandra asked timidly, ready to run if they were possessed by The Oracle, and if they went all wacko and spewed green mist. Percy and Grover turned around slowly, as if they were zombies in a zombie movie. Cassandra tried to stop shaking, afraid that Percy and Grover really was possessed. Thalia finally had the courage to speak. "Chiron says there is a meeting at the Big House, you better come quick." Percy and Grover finally faced them, and Cassandra was glad that they were still in one piece, and wasn't possessed. "We.. We thought you were ghosts!" Percy whispered, looking scared. Thalia and Cassandra burst out laughing, and Grover seemed to be trying to cover his laughter too. Percy glared at them, he didn't find it funny at all. "Don't laugh, Grover! It was you who said there was ghosts! You were scared as well!" Grover shook his head. "No I wasn't, I was just trying to scare you. I know that you were afraid of ghosts!" Percy growled, and Cassandra and Thalia howled with laughter. "Percy's a scaredy cat! Percy's a scaredy cat!" Cassandra sang, as Thalia held her arms out, and started to jump towards Percy, pretending to be a zombie. "Oh let's just go." Grover finally said, tired of watching Cassandra and Thalia teasing Percy. Everybody gathered around the ping-pong table in the rec room, Cheez Wiz and crackers piled in the middle of the table. Cassandra looked around the table, there was Percy, Thalia, Connor and Travis, Katie from Demeter cabin, Beckendorf, Silena, Zoe, Nico, and Bianca. Chiron and Dionysus sat at one end of the table, and Bianca and Zoe sat at the other end. Cassandra sat beside Nico and Connor, who was throwing crumbs at his twin. Actually, it was Will who should be here, since he was head councilor for Apollo cabin, but he had been hit in the head by a Hunter’s bow, so Cassandra filled in for him. The Apollo cabin even wanted her to be head councilor, but Cassandra had refused. Just because her fighting skills were good, and her powers were... Well, powerful! They had wanted her to be head councilor? No way. Nobody said a word until Zoe broke the silence. "This meeting is pointless! There is no time for any discussion, we need to help my goddess! Artemis is captured, and we are gathered around a ping-pong table for a useless meeting!" Chiron raised his eyebrows. "And where will you go when you set out?" "West!" Bianca Di Angelo piped up; at this, Nico looked up from his Mythomagic collection. "You all heard the prophecy! 'Five shall go west to the goddess in chains.' All we have to do is to get five Hunters and go!" Zoe nodded in agreement, it was clear Bianca was already her number one assistant. "Bianca is right, we must help Artemis immediately! Thalia rolled her eyes. "Didn't you hear the prophecy clearly, Zoe? 'Hunters and campers combine prevail.' We will have to combine forces." "No! I will not work with campers! We do not need thy help!" Zoe argued. Thalia rolled her eyes. "It's 'Your', not 'Thy'. It's the 21st century, Zoe, stop talking like you're in the Middle Ages, Zoe!" Zoe hesitated, trying to figure out how to say the word. "Yerrr we do not need yerrr help." Thalia groaned, this was getting them nowhere. "Forget it." "Thalia is right," said Chiron. "Hunters and campers must join forces and free Artemis. It is the only way." "Chiron's right, Zoe. We ARE supposed to work together. You can't fight against the prophecy, Zoe." Thalia said. Zoe huffed, but didn't argue back. Chiron nodded in agreement. "We must not delay, today is Sunday. This Friday, December twenty-first, is the winter solstice. Artemis must be there." Zoe nodded in agreement. "Artemis is one of the main vocals on the arguing of Kronos' minions. If she is not there, the gods will decide nothing. Dionysus raised his eyebrows, which he had managed to dye purple. "Are you saying us gods have trouble deciding actions?" There was a dangerous tone in his voice. Zoe seemed unfazed by this. "Yes, Lord Dionysus." At first, Cassandra thought Dionysus was going to turn Zoe into grapevines, but he just nodded. "Yes, you're correct, of course. Please continue." "Zoe is right, we have only one week to find Artemis. We must decide who shall go on this quest." Chiron said. "Three and two." Percy said, everybody turned to look at him. "It's only fair. The Hunters are the main part of this prophecy, so three Hunters. Plus the two campers, five questers. Just like in the prophecy." Zoe grimaced at this. "I really would rather to take my hunters, it is our goddess after all." "You'll be retracing the goddess's path," Chiron reminded her. "Moving quickly. No doubt Artemis tracked the scent of this monster. Whatever it is, as she moved west, you will have to do the same." "The bane of Olympus. I have hunted for this beast along side my goddess, but I have no idea of what it is." Zoe said, picking up a ping-pong ball. Everybody turned to Chiron and Dionysus. Dionysus took no notice of this, and kept sipping his Diet Coke. "Chiron? Do you know anything of this monster?" Cassandra asked. Chiron pursed his lips. "Well..." (原作者於 2013-06-25 21:09:19 重新編輯過)
Ivy's Dad
Ivy's Dad 2013-06-26 21:06:22 #20F

Chapter 8 "Well.... I don't know exactly. There are some possibilities, Typhon and Keto for instance, they are well known banes of Olympus. But they are massive sea creatures, Poseidon would have informed the gods if there was any signs of them." Chiron said. "Sounds like some serious monsters you're facing. In the prophecy, it says two of you will die. If I were you, I'd rather chicken out." Connor suggested. Some people nodded in agreement, if that was it, it will be a mystery if anybody would want to go. Well, except the Hunters, they were willing to do anything to save Artemis. "One shall be lost in the land without rain, if I were you, I'd stay out of the desert." Beckendorf said. Everybody muttered agreements, and Silena piped up. "And the Titan's curse must one withstand, what does that even mean? Is it Kronos?" Chiron shook his head, but a worried expression was stuck on his face. "No, Kronos hasn't even risen, it cannot be him. Some other Titans, maybe." "And one shall perish by a parents hand, what god would kill their children?" Cassandra asked, questions floating around in her mind. There was a pregnant silence, and Cassandra instantly regretted asking that. "There will be deaths, and enormous risks. The ones that will go on this quest must be ready for anything." Chiron finally said. "Percy is right!" Silena said, standing up. "Two campers shall go." Zoe scoffed. "And I suppose you will volunteer?" Silena blushed. "I'm not going, I'm not going anywhere with the Hunters!" Zoe was about to say something, probably something about respecting the Hunters, but Beckendorf cut in. "Let's start with the Hunters, which three should go?" Zoe stood up. "I will go, of course, and I shall take Phoebe, she is our best tracker. And I wish Bianca to come too." As Bianca was about to say something, Connor stood up. "We have something to give to Phoebe!" They brandished a silver T-Shirt with the words: ARTEMIS THE MOON GODDESS, FALL HUNTING TOUR 2002. Zoe rolled her eyes, and took the T-shirt. At the same time, Bianca stood up. "You said you were going to take me along? But I'm so new! I can't do much good!" Zoe shook her head. "You will do fine. This is the only way to find out." "And for the two campers?" Chiron asked. Grover stood up. "Me! I'll go! I'll do anything to help Artemis!" Zoe wrinkled her nose. "You? What can you do? You are only a satyr, you are not a camper." "He IS a camper, and he can use woodland magic. Also a tracker song." Thalia butted in. Zoe sighed. "Very well. And the other?" Thalia stood up, determination on her face. "I'll go." Zoe nodded, but Connor piped up suddenly. "What about Cassandra?” Everybody turned to Cassandra, and she looked down at her shoes instinctively. "Her? What can she do?" Zoe scoffed. Cassandra glared at her. "She can control light, she can wrap darkness around you all, and nobody will notice you!" Connor gushed, exaggerating a little bit. Zoe wavered a bit. "But there are already two campers." Grover raised his hand. "I'll step down, Cassandra can take my place." Everybody turned back to Cassandra, waiting for her to answer. "Let me consider it, for a minute." Cassandra said. Cassandra lowered her head, yes's and no's floating around her head. "Don't go." Nico whispered, Cassandra frowned at him. "Why?" "I... I don't want you to go, to die. Please, you're the only real friend that cares for me, I can't..." Nico's voice faded away, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. Cassandra sighed. "Okay, I won't go, for my best friend." Nico frowned. "Best friend?” Cassandra smiled. "Yes, you're my best friend. Best friends care for each other." Nico smiled, and mouthed a silent thank you. Cassandra smiled back. "I won't go, Grover, you go." Cassandra said, everybody gaped at her. "Why not? Are you scared?" Zoe scoffed. Cassandra gave her a death glare. "No, because I'm letting Grover help. He really wants to help Artemis, and I will let him. I can help with other camp problems anyway." Cassandra said, defending herself. Zoe sighed, and nodded. But at the same time, Percy stood up. "Wait, I have to go too!" Nobody said a word, Cassandra saw Chiron giving Percy a sad look. "Oh! Of course! I'll step down, Percy can go." Grover said hastily, about to sit down, but Zoe pulled him up again. "No, he is a boy, we do not travel with boys." Zoe said harshly. "You traveled here with me, and you let Grover go." Percy argued. Zoe shook her head. "When we traveled together, it was only for a short time. And Grover is not a boy, he is a satyr." "I need to go, I knows I have to!" Percy argued, desperately now. Zoe raised her eyebrows. "Why? Because of this Annabeth?" Percy shook her head impatiently. "No! I mean yes! I mean, partly, I just knows I HAVE to go!" He looked desperately at us, especially at Cassandra. She just looked sadly at him, knowing she could not help him. Zoe shook her head. "No, I will take a satyr if I have to, but not a male." Chiron signed. "The quest IS the Hunters’, they decide who will go and who will not." Percy sat down, not looking at anyone. He was angry and frustrated because he couldn't go. Chiron sighed. "It is settled then, Thalia and Grover will accompany Zoe, Phoebe, and Bianca on this quest. And may the gods be with you."

圖解媽媽百科

特別企劃

台灣生態藏寶圖「有怪獸」app親子界正夯!步道邊玩邊學趣味多

盈翠絲媽咪的毛髮蓬鬆感
盈翠絲媽咪的毛髮蓬鬆感

盈翠絲媽咪的毛髮蓬鬆感

媽咪投票趣

母親節最想聽到孩子跟你說哪句話?

※可複選1~3個答案

精選專題